Symptoms of Inner Peace
I share with you Dr. Bernie Siegel’s 12 symptoms of Inner Peace from his book, “Peace, Love and Healing”. I seem to fluctuate in how many symptoms I might be experience at a given time. Some days it seems none, and for one magical summer I believed I was experiencing all 12. The feeling is hard to describe, but part of it for me included a different sense of time.
1. Tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fears based on experiences from the past.
2. The ability to enjoy each moment.
3. Loss of interest in judging self.
4. Loss of interest in judging other people.
5. Loss of interest in conflict.
6. Disinterest in interpreting actions of others.
7. Loss of ability to worry.
8. Frequent episodes of appreciation
9. Contented feeling of connectedness with others and nature.
10. Frequent attacks of smiling through the eyes of the heart.
11. Increasing susceptibility to love extended by others as well as the uncontrollable urge to extend it.
12. Increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
* Dr. Bernie’s note: If you have all or even most of the above symptoms, your condition of peace may be so far advanced as to not be treatable.